scduply - useful interface for duplicity¶
scduply - the user friendly shell-frontend for Duplicity
Duplicity is the command-line program for filesystem backup with many nice features.
- Can produce GPG-encrypted backups and to place them on almost any remote storage via ftp, sftp, scp, rsync, and also on Amazon S3 and other cloud storages.
- Can do full and incremental backups. The incremental backups are done by per-block basis as the rsync do, so if your logs will grow by several megabytes per day, only this megabytes will be included in the incremental backup.
- Can decide when to do the new full backup and can maintain the backup archive by simple commands.
Duplicity is the effective and flexible solution for dedicated server’s backup.
SkyCover Duply (scduply)¶
The tool for managing dedicated server backups via the configuration files and simple commands.
- Permits to define the new backup job in few seconds.
- User friendly, clear syntax of config files.
- Able to execute and check pre- and post-job scripts.
- Gives useful commands for backup and restore.
- Saves the backup logs, create and mail HTML reports.
The example of mailed HTML report. It cames with all the raw logs attached.
SkyCover Duply is useful for command-line usage and also is used as the backend for SkyCover Duply Web (SCDW) – the web interface for configuring the backup jobs.
Both scduply and SCDW are free and licensed under GPL.
The sources and the manuals
The project’s code: http://github.com/skycover/scduply
The request tracker: https://redmine.skycover.ru/projects/scduply-backup
The quick comments page
The relation to the duply project
scduply is based on the source code of duply, but is advanced to be more friendly:
- User friendly config syntax with named variables.
- Additional global configuration file.
- Automatic addition of the job’s name to the globally configured TARGET_URL.
- Infrastructure to save per-job logs and reports.
- The command for batch execution of all defined jobs.
- Reporting via e-mail with HTML report and raw logs attached.
scduply is not backward compatible with duply.
scduply is developed for the SkyCover Company internal needs, so it will always be the separate project, to be able implement any desired new features.
Nevertheless, we will be glad to submit any parts of our code to the duply.